Polarity analysis (PA) is a development of Boenninghausen's concept of contraindications. It serves to determine in individual disease a healing probability for each homeopathic medicine in question. The method leads to an efficient and reproducible choice of remedy and increases the precision of prescriptions as compared to a conventional homeopathic procedure (figure 1) Polarity analysis is based on the revised edition of Boenninghausen's Therapeutic Pocketbook, an exceedingly reliable repertory. Polarity analysis is generally practiced with computer software (see column on the right).
Short Course in Polarity Analysis
If you already have a basic education in homeopathy, you can use this website for a short course in polarity analysis (PA). Proceed as follows:
- As an introduction to PA, read the article H1N1-Influeza Epidemic 2011: Experiences with Polarity Analysis (see Publications English).
- The Polarity Analysis software is available at http://polarity-analysis.com and can be tested free of charge.
- Try to solve every case study on this site with the help of the software, beginning with the case of acute otitis media, followed by the tendonitis calcarea, then the multimorbid patient, and finally the ADHD child.
This constitutes a good introduction to the method. If you want to go deeper, we recommend you to:
- Obtain the book Polarity Analysis, a Precise Path to the Simillimum (Narayana Publishers, 2013), and work through all the modules. For this purpose you need to use the Polarity Analysis application .
- Begin treating your own acutely ill patients. You need to encourage your patients to accurately observe their symptoms. For this purpose they can download the checklist corresponding to their disease, and prepare it at home before coming to your practice.
- When you feel comfortable treating acute disease, proceed to chronic disease, and later to multimorbidity. Finally you can move onto the more difficult field of ADD / ADHD treatment.
Now all you need is practice, so try to treat as many patients as possible to familiarize yourself with the subtleties of symptom selection for repertorisation. This takes some time to perfect, but you will be rewarded with good results and satisfied patients early in the learning process.
Please Note: For optimal results do not mix Polarity Analysis with other homeopathic methods.
Polarity Analysis Software
The Polarity Analysis software is based on Boenninghausens Therapeutic Pocket Book 1846,
and it contains new gradings of polar symptoms derived from many successful cases. The division of the symptoms in three reliability groups (high, medium, low) leads to precise prescriptions. The Polarity Analysis program is available at http://polarity-analysis.com and can be tested free of charge.